Click the BUY button to purchase the program. Click PREVIEW VIDEO to view an online streaming video preview of the first section of the program where available.
HIPAA for Long Term Care Workers
Product code: M225S
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 was developed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the healthcare system, and many changes have been implemented since then within the field. This program focuses on how long term care facilities have been affected, and the new practices of healthcare workers in these environments.
After viewing this program, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the overall purpose and goals of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the specific objectives that are being implemented now
- Explain the role of the HIPAA implementation team, as well as the role of the individual healthcare worker in ensuring compliance to HIPAA reforms
- Implement administrative simplification reforms as defined by your HIPAA implementation team
- Demonstrate compliance with privacy reforms, including written notice, acknowledgement, prior authorization and minimum disclosure
- Demonstrate compliance with data security reforms, including issues regarding workplace layout, information storage and rules covering conversation