Click the BUY button to purchase the program. Click PREVIEW VIDEO to view an online streaming video preview of the first section of the program where available.
HIPAA for Long Term Care Workers
Product code: M225R Copyright © 2010
Reviewed for accuracy: 2011
Overview:HIPAA for Long Term Care Workers provides a detailed review of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and focuses on the resident privacy and data security issues that will have the most impact on the practices of healthcare workers in long term care.
This program includes the significant changes made to HIPAA as a part of the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009."
- Describe the overall purpose and goals of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the specific objectives that are being implemented now.
- Explain the role of the HIPAA implementation team, as well as the role of the individual healthcare worker in ensuring compliance to HIPAA reforms.
- Implement administrative simplification reforms as defined by your HIPAA implementation team.
- Demonstrate compliance with privacy reforms, including written notice, acknowledgement, prior authorization and minimum disclosure.
- Demonstrate compliance with data security reforms, including issues regarding workplace layout, information storage and rules covering conversation.
Infection Control for HME Suppliers
Product code: 88509
OSHA-required terminology is defined and infection control procedures are explained and demonstrated within CDC, American Red Cross and OSHA guidelines. Proper use of protective barriers, separation of clean vs. dirty equipment, proper methods of handling dirty equipment and the cleaning of equipment in the warehouse are covered in this video.
Managed Care in Home Care
Product code: 88529
The impact of managed care is felt by the patient and by all those treating the patient at home. Home health providers are accountable for their decisions and the services they provide. Clinicians and suppliers must deliver innovative services efficiently and creatively.
Changing roles of patients, clinicians, payers, case managers, and equipment suppliers are discussed in this video. The referral process, initial assessment, effective documentation, care planning, and visit authorization are also covered.
- The video stresses:
- Cost containment
- Quality controls
- Patient/caregiver education
- Patient outcomes
Preparing Your Home Health Agency for an Accreditation Visit
Product code: 88517
This comprehensive video will help prepare the staff of your home health agency for an accreditation survey. Emphasizing the interview and home visit, the two most challenging aspects of the survey, an up-close presentation brings the survey process to life. See a home health agency prepare for the survey. Follow the surveyor as she accompanies agency staff on home visits.
In addition, the video focuses on:
- Patient outcomes and staff performance
- Active listening, clarifying questions, and taking notes
- The importance of agency policies and procedures
- The importance of being prepared, organized, and courteous
The FDA and the HME Supplier: The Inspection
Product code: 88513
Be ready for unannounced FDA inspections. The critical importance of documentation, inspection notes, correcting apparent mistakes and escorting the inspector on the facility tour are demonstrated. Purity testing, identity testing, calibration and trace-ability protocols are highlighted.