Nurse Education Basic Clinical Skills,Heart and Breath Sounds
Cardiac Auscultation: The Process of Basic Cardiac Auscultation
Overview:This program provides nurses and other healthcare professionals with a thorough understanding of auscultation techniques and practices, including the basic process of cardiac auscultation, identifying landmarks where cardiac sounds can best be heard, proper positioning of the patient and how to record observations.
- Describe the components of the stethoscope and their individual and combined functions.
- Explain and perform basic cardiac auscultation.
- Identify the landmarks where cardiac auscultation can be heard.
- Properly position the patient to perform cardiac auscultation.
- Accurately record what you observe during cardiac auscultation.