Nurse Education Basic Clinical Skills
Pharmacology and the Healthcare Professional: Pharmacodynamics What the Drug Does to the Body
Overview:Pharmacodynamics is the study of how drugs affect the body. The goal of drug therapy is to achieve a good outcome, a therapeutic effect. It is important to bear in mind that not all drug actions are beneficial. Medications may result in both therapeutic and toxic effects. This program provides a basic overview of pharmacodynamics.
- List and explain the three mechanisms of action
- List five therapeutic goals that can be achieved through drug therapy
- List seven purposes of drug therapy
- Define the term: therapeutic range
- Describe six drug interactions that should be monitored