Nurse Education Management and Business Training,Safety
Overview:A comprehensive video demonstrating must know elements for maintaining optimal security in the healthcare environment and successful compliance with regulatory body requirements for security management. The Security Management video and workbook can be used to train and educate staff and doubles as terrific tool for continued education and annual updating.
Your staff will learn:
- JCAHO requirements of a security management plan
- Key components of workplace violence
- Types of workplace violence
- Common risk factors
- Actions as warning signs
- Prevention strategies
- Managing a violent situation
- Reporting requirements
- Sensitive areas of the facility presenting as security risks
- Prevention of infant and child abduction
- Security management during an emergency event
- Common security issues and measures to prevent and control security events
- How best to demonstrate compliance with the JCAHO security requirements
- Types of security related information that will be requested and examined during your next JCAHO accreditation survey
This comprehensive video reviews the JCAHO standards, actually providing the viewer with methods to meet JCAHO compliance requirements.
Staff will be shown how to prevent common security incidents and how to best manage security incidents should they occur.
Included in the Security Management: Staff Education and Training video and accompanying workbook:
- Access and egress area protection
- Vehicular access during an emergency event
- Patient elopement and leaving against medical advice
- Management of gang related activities
- Staff and vendor identification requirements
- Components of an organizational security management program plan
- Discussion of the JCAHO Security Management Standards
- A comprehensive description of what your facility must do to achieve compliance with these standards
- Documentation requirements
- Surveyor interview with staff
Learn what surveyors expect for compliance in improving your organization's security management performance and reducing security risk to patients, visitors and staff.
Witness the actual surveyor discussion with the Safety Officer and see for yourself exactly what types of security questions will be asked at time of accreditation survey. Includes a workbook that provides supplemental security information, education and useful tools to help you meet compliance.