Nurse Education Mental Health Nursing Care,Psychiatric Drugs and Patient Care Se
Mood Stabilizing Agents
Overview:The purpose of this program is to provide nurses an understanding of the signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder, nursing interventions and the medications used to treat bipolar disorders. This program has been updated to reflect currently used mood stabilizing medications such as lithium, anticonvulsants, antipsychotic agents and olanzapine.
This video is one of a four-part series.
- Describe bipolar disorder, its signs and symptoms.
- Explain the interventions used to treat bipolar disorder.
- Describe interventions and the intervention process.
- Describe the major medications used in bipolar disorder.
- Describe the possible side effects of intervention medications.